Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Students are coming


Here is another rhyme I was inspired to write by one of Lynn Rosen’s comments on my previous Facebook post “A Rhyme of an Obsolete Teacher”. In that comment, Lynn, a fervent activist and prolific poet, wrote:

“Am I ready for history,

math and writing and computer literacy,

the noise, the joys oh what ecstasy,

So Arbi I promise I promise I do

your students will appear and provide a happier you.whoo hoo”

Below is my lyrical response to her comment above.

Students are coming

Sure, anon students will come

And in crowds they will come

And all teachers shall succumb

For them I shall beat a drum

Till my hands go numb

And awaken the deaf and numb

And why not even the dumb

For boys, the wildest songs I will strum

And with girls I will chew bubble-gum

And teach my lessons with much aplomb

In hope to make school less glum

That way longer I hope to remain young

Before all my kids away they run!

Oh.. was that the bell the janitor has rung?

If so, I myself have to run

To have my guitar newly restrung

And for them, the sweetest of songs will be sung

Till wide open all doors, to them, will be flung

So, be assured you’re always most welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment