Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Yipee... I graduated!!!


Checking my mail was a bit different today. It tasted a kind of success reminiscent of my old schooling days. In my inbox, there was a congratulatory email from Delicious Deborah announcing that I had passed the Summer 2010 WebSkills online course with a perfect score (100%). Was that a dream... a hallucination... or was I just being phantasmagorical? No. Absolutely, No! I double-checked the email and I even pinched myself twice to make sure it was real what I was experiencing. So congratulations to all fellow coursemates!

I have to confess that I was emotionally propelled years back to the times when I was still a student. I could say I had almost the same euphoric feelings I used to have whenever I knew of my acing in a test or an exam. But this particular success tastes differently. It has an American flavour I so much wanted to have after I graduated from university years ago. But I didn't have the chance to make it to Uncle Sam's land, then. Nor was I lucky enough to benefit from a scholarship to pursue my studies and learn under the shade of an Ivy League college. I even tried to make it to Australia and study side by side with kangaroos, but it didn’t seem to work either. That was more than twenty years ago, but Deborah’s email managed to melt and put life into those long frozen feelings of mine.

Though ten weeks are a short period of time for a conventional graduation, allow me to rejoice at the idea of considering myself a virtual graduate of Oregon University. Deep inside, I wish I had relived my studenthood experience on campus out there with real people from different walks of life and nationalities. But for the moment, I guess I have to content myself with the virtuality of the experience while hoping someday to meet, learn from and with my coursemates in real life.

While searching the net for quotes related to the theme of graduation, I came across this wonderful site: http://www.iwise.com/. It’s a great find which I highly recommend to anyone who loves wise sayings of reputed philosophers and thinkers of all times. It’s beautifully designed and constantly fed with wisdom quotes suggested by visitors of the website. I like most the visual presentation of the quotes, but there are, of course, other interesting features you’ll discover while exploring the site. The following quote by Tom Brokaw drew my attention

“You are educated. Your certification is in your degree. You may think of it as the ticket to the good life. Let me ask you to think of an alternative. Think of it as your ticket to change the world.”

Well, still in the mood of graduation, I thought of another alternative. I will think of it as my ticket to bring change into my classes.

Yours,

Arbi

For more Love Teenage quotes and Humorous quotes please visit iWise home of famous quotes

4 comments:

  1. Dear Arbi,

    Congratulations! Actually, you deserve more than 100%. I wish you the best of luck in your future studies. Also, thanks so much for your link. My delicious account is ready for your delicious sites.

    Yours,
    Azhar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Arbi,
    Congratualtions! You did a fantastic job and you really deserve it, even more than 100%, as Azhar has said.

    Keep up the good work!
    All the best
    Arjana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Arbi,

    Congratulations! I agree with Azhar and Arjana, you deserved even more: reading your posts have always been enjoyable during those hard days of studying.

    You expressed the feelings on graduation that, I am sure, most of us have experienced upon receipt of Deborah's final scores: I have also graduated with 100%, and the sense of achievement was great. I agree with you, that it was really a fantastic opportunity to do the course virtually, but I would be happy too to meet my course mates in a real environment.

    Best

    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Arjana, Azhar, and Bella,

    Thank you so much for your nice and encouraging words. I really appreciate your reading my post and reacting to it. I'm quite sure most of us have graduated with a perfect score. Because we simply are a bunch of super teachers in the making that take teaching and learning seriously and intend to make a change. One more time CONGRATULATIONS!

    Yours,
    Arbi

    ReplyDelete