Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012 was believed to be the final year
But the end is sure unknown and far from near
Methinks too shortsighted was that Mayan seer
Or probably drank too much kefir;-)
Anyway, you and I have gone nowhere yet, but are still here
So, please lend me your ear and bear with me and hear
Every beginning and end of year,
I put all my foibles and follies on a bier;
And solemnly wish to leave them behind and arrear..
To bury them so deep and far away from here.
Oft from the fridge, I get an ice cold yet sweating beer.
Also on the bier, I put matches and a lot of ambeer.
And with every puff I wish my sorrows would disappear.
Puff after puff, but nothing seems to disappear.
So, I immediately crack open another sweating beer
Hoping, this time, all my confusions would become clear.
And glass after glass, I begin to be of good cheer.
And at times, I treat myself like a vizier or even a true emir
For whom loudly are played many a tightly strung “Bendir”.
And as time passes, my eyes begin to blear.
But I continue making wishes for everyone dear
Wherever they are: here, there, so far or so near.
My wishes I hope will dry many a needless tear
My wishes I hope will end many a lingering fear
My wishes I hope will be heard and answered by the Great Puppeteer.
And this time quite soberly, I promise myself, for good, to veer
Off to new and untrodden paths with no more fear.
I know some of you may start at my wishes to fleer
And some others would think this is only the fruit of beer.
Or probably, the man has smoked too much ambeer!
And before I wish everyone of you a Happy New Year
Do pray with me, faithless, Jews, Christians, Moslems and everyone dear
That all our dreams and wishes materialize next year.

1 comment:

  1. This page certainly has all the information and facts
    I needed concerning this subject and didn't know who to ask.


    Here is my weblog ... Vydox trial

    ReplyDelete